Friday, April 25, 2008

BIG Q



Vinyl Vantasy Second Edition

As a veteran record store soldier, my tastes and vocabulary have expanded. I would've once called a Friday where I sold mostly disco, electro and pop 12" singles a gay day. Now, well, although it's a whisker men on films, and it's unusual, the sale of physical records in a store is unusual and there was a landslide of interest on two crates of the genre I'm calling discoldanceightiesapopelectro. It wasn't gay, it was great.

This was one girl who got walked out the door, because I played her aloud, my bouncy springtime air raid siren in the blitzkrieg that occurred when a hungry young British Columbian dj found the (remaining) stash of 12 inch singles.

STACY Q - Two of Hearts



I know to play this song in the store because of Doug from The Paperbacks. Years ago, he was an elder to my junior in a record store. I once watched the dude put on the Stacy Q album, guaranteed me that somebody would buy it and then, sure enough, a customer of St Vital Center HMV walked up, inquired and purchased. Shout out to Doug. It was an honour.

His band make astoundingly good rock music, and the lyrics...well...dear reader...trust me. Rock is a concern.

The Paperbacks


I also sold a copy of this.

NEIL YOUNG and JOHNNY DEPP - Dead Man



So, I sold 12" singles and ate a 12" sub. How was your friday?

2 comments:

dark said...

Not too bad.
The internet called: it's for you.

http://fuckingrad.muxtape.com

MegZie said...

Night Quill, DAY quill. What gives? Both are magnifique