Friday, February 26, 2010

Comissioner Gordon Bombay



Hello Friends,

First thing's first:

WHO IS THE CUTEST?




Il Fordinho from Calscary Al-Hurta (Calgary AB) haas made a mix that I am loving. Dude has zeroed in on the common rhythms from around the world that have been underscoring many jamming dance ditties these last few years. Dude says:

"I remember in the 90's when I used to "Rave" these CD comps that came out called Ethnotechno. No matter how ridiculous the name seems now, the title seems to be very appropriate for a lot of the dance music coming out right now. This mix is for a serial "E" trip, no special K please. Man I miss getting high. Just kidding, druggies."

I have a folder on my computer called "Unicef" and am happy that this dude beat me to the curation of such a tape, because it bangs like the stamp on a passport and blends like once disparate cultures. It's filled with that "ethnic*" sound that is pefect for your barrio bombox, suburban spin class, drive to school, piazza Cappuccino, or coup d'etat. I'm using it to get psyched about Curling and Hockey.

Il Fordinho - Ethnicity Volume Uno



Slovakia vs Canada tonight! Getting ready:



*Italics and visible air finger "quotes" are used to allow less imaginative readers to get the right latte sipping lilt on the word ethnic.

No comments: