Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Space Cat Bajillionaire



Hey gang. How you doin? How's your Mama doin? How's your Papa doin? There's heavy dumps of journalism gathering out here at GI hq. The offices are getting an overhaul. Although we can't afford a secretary, the recession-proof budget has allowed for Opium scented incence, Chinese fieldworker hats and rubber ducks - the den vibe is strong and the piles of files are being filed in time.



Choices are being made about what documents to shred and which to keep. "Does this CD-R need it's cushy pocketed slip apartment, or should it live immortal as 320 Mp3's? (until the electro-magnetic pulse wipes out all the hard drives in a split second, cool it down, the globe still has that New Obama smell, does it make sense to dust off reminder of plausible collapse?)" These are the questions. It's a heady atmosphere, but the luddites on the cutting edge of something are learning the words to the new songs and making all the tackles in the backfield.



I had to pause the tooling to call your attention to a blog I forgot about, but that has been a pal through procrastination this morning. Cowboyz 'n" Poodles blue ribbon-outlaw-turned-Sherriff caliber online music journalism and original recipe first purse journalism.

Here's a sample:

I know this is very inconsequential ultimately but it hits a nerve: I have been obsessed with how Twilight's giant abstinence metaphor and the totally crazy-making sexual tension in the movie (where they don't even kiss until 3/4 of the way in) has a ridiculous hold on this country, and how I feel like, even though Obama won, the puritans may be winning this round of the culture wars. ABSTINENCE? NO CURSING? WHAT ELSE IS LEFT? PROHIBITION?




NICK LOWE & HIS COWBOY OUTFIT - (Hope To God) I'm Right



PS: From the youtube comments...

"KEITHDANIELS (2 years ago)
I can make a poodle within six seconds. (Not standard dog) I'm going to try to beat the world record in mid December 2006 "

PSS: I looked forever for the clip from Down By Law when Roberto Begnini is singing "I seeee by your haut-fit that you...are a cow-boy!" After I get my equipment set up, I'll be able to proivde such juice from my own files.

No comments: