Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vantasy Isle Brain Bubble



It's misting lightly, I'm chilling out in an old record store in the Pacific Northwest, wearing a thick flannel shirt and a beard - listening to Nirvana (and I like to sings along, and I like to shoot my gun, but I don't know what it means.) When I was twelve, this was a dream of mine, but adolescent caucasians can't grow beards.

I recently remembered how beautiful this song is and want to share it with you.

NIRVANA - Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam

I'm not going to get sentimental, I swear, but I remember all the elements of where I was when Kurt Cobain blew his head off (wipes nose on sleeve, "Lithium" comes on, smiles, prepares to headbang). Sentiment is so early 2000's.


(so that's how they got that "Seattle" sound)

Teen1: Oh, here comes that cannonball guy. He's cool.
Teen2: Are you being sarcastic, dude?
Teen1: I don't even know anymore.

Here's the Breeder's "Cannonball" video. Maybe the best video ever, or like, you know, whatever.



One final thing, the link is fixed for the Nick Catchdubs and Mr. Ducker 90's mixtape. So seriously, go in, one of the best start to finish listens of 2008...and it has movie clips mixed in...

Nick Catchdubs and Mr. Ducker - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

I'm gonna get back to living like this:



PS:

Apparently you can stream the entire Homerpalooza episode. We live in the future:





Ok, peace, I'm off to possibly book the London Symphony Orchestra.

2 comments:

bjorn borg said...

i love this post.

Anonymous said...

I have not read your blog is some time but it's getting really good. Just call me out -
Ms. Sentimentality...
April 4/5th of 1994. Remarkably clear. green tartans, joints, mannings & beards.