Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Prairie Dog



I wanted to add this to the UMFM post, but the CD wouldn't rip and I couldn't find the moop3. Here's the song that I couldn't find in the vortex of this Nexus of computering. Thanks to The Wiz for finding his copy.

Dialog was one of the finest radio dj's on UMFM, and one of the nicest co-workers I ever had the pleasure of stacking cd's and talking about music with. He was the one who put a teenage me onto Diamond D and the Psychotic Neurotics Stunts Blunts and Hip Hop. A gentle, laid back, mellow, badass rap tastemaker, beatmaker and rhymesayer.



Here's a song of his, that illustrates why you should support college radio and the people who make it happen.

Dialog - The Prairie Dog



There's more information at THE UMFM WEBSITE



All images are taken from Grilling It associate Frank Kimono's award winning film Ou Est Maurice, about a dog, made in the prairie. You would be watching it right now, but I couldn't find a copy online and Franek and Peterson are in Montreal right now making counterfeit Rolexes in a script club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo. Wiz here. I'm nodding my head towards that Prairie Dog track and taking the opportunity to give a hyperubermegashoutout to the one Dialog; yo dude, I used to tape the shit out of your radio show on the steady regular. Filled in my noggin-cavities with some space-age neurological hip-hop dentistry, what. Many thanks & much appreciation - Kinetic & @Large wadup! JQ wadup, Pmalk wadup, wadup, wadup. OUT>