Monday, April 06, 2009

Briefing



If I were writing for a weekly local rag I would begin with: "Local funnyman, Dave Morris proves that less-is-MORE-is with his new very short stories..." But this is no local rag, this is a website for discerning surfers, so I make with the earnest blurbery.

Comedian homies have been lighting up the net this week. For Monday, take a break and dig in to the 140 character or less very short stories by British Columbian poet, lover, actor, teacher, smoker, friend, rapper, beatbox and storyteller "Sweet Sweet Dave Morris."

Here's my favourite, I'd call it "Landing Your Dreams" which would also be good if it were about a skateboarder, but it's about a sea captain, Dave:

"The sea was a swell of seaweed and salt, when the captain finished the rum. Like the sea, he could not be tamed. Like the waves, he crashed."

Dave's Very Short Stories

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate the pnw time zone

Dave Morris said...

Why thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you like my tweetstories.

Dave Morris

Dave Morris said...

Why thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy my tweetstories.

Dave Morris