Monday, June 02, 2008

YACHT (You Actually Can't Help/Hurt Time)




The hockey could end tonight.

"It was in Pittsburg, late one night, I lost my hat(head?), got into a fight."
-Bob Dylan

TRAVELING WILBURY'S - MARGARITA



It's warm out. So let us embrace the always smooth, often urbane, transcendentally liberating vibes of yacht rock.

All songs have been float/water/boat tested.

DONALD FAGEN - I.G.Y

"Get your ticket to that wheel in space
While there's time
The fix is in
You'll be a witness to that game of chance in the sky
You know we've got to win
Here at home we'll play in the city
Powered by the sun
Perfect weather for a streamlined world
There'll be spandex jackets, one for everyone"
-Donald Fagen

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS - What A Fool Believes

"She musters a smile
For his nostalgic tale
Never coming near what he wanted to say
Only to realize
It never really was"
-Michael McDonald / Kenny Loggins

BLIND FAITH - Can't Find My Way Home
"Oh, and I'm wasted, and I can't find my way home"
-Steve Winwood



It's borderline full blown summer out here on Vantasy Island. So let's shake down some summer footwear options. I love flip flops as much as the next dude, but summer means misbehavin' so the criteria is set at something you can RUN in.



Done and done and done (and I mean DONE)...but they get HOT. The shame and inconvenience that accompanies leaving your slip-ons outside all September due to aroma is undignified.



An unfuckwittable classic, but they are pricey and more than a tad hippyish.



Comfortable, breezy, elegant but relaxed. The timeless stalwart boat shoe is a refined choice for those that don't mind screaming GROWN. Wearing boat shoes is the Nauticalist's version of always carrying a condom in your wallet. My Uncle Johnny wears boat shoes all the time, all year, in Winnipeg. You never know when the opportunity to boat will present itself.

"If you boat a lot you are known as a boating enthusiast. I like to boat, but I just don't ever want to be referred to as a boating enthusiast. I hope they call me a guy that likes to boat."
-Mitch Hedberg

Peace from Cowichan Bay.

BBQ

1 comment:

Dick said...

as in your uncle, alec baldwin?