Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm No Turkey, I'm A Fly


Diplo made a mix for the poindexters, know-it-alls, genuine music lovers (Rollie Pemberton I see you!) and snobs at Pitchfork (ED: It's actually for the people!!!).

DIPLO - PITCHFORK MIX



THREE 6 MAFIA feat 8 BALL and MJG - STAY FLY (DIPLO REMIX)



Diplo's record label Mad Decent run an incredible blog of raps, club catnip, CanCon and world music, but not the kind that Ian Raymond listens to. The kind that makes you go get passport photos taken.



Please purchase this mixtape that Diplo made, if you want to blow the minds of yourself and others. forever.

For free, enjoy this "minimix" that Diplo did for the BBC.

Diplo Annie Mac minimix



CHOW

BBQ

PS: Mark Ronson's "minimix" is class as well. Mark's a great club Dj, radio Dj and musician. I'm still surprised by how few people know how good this is.

Someday, when Ronson is playing a bond villain named Break Staxman and Daniel Radcliffe is Bond. He's going to say something like: "Don't worry about 007, I've got him...covered."



Ronson's songs are all over some American MTV and TV promo's and commercials right now, and he will apparently be all over the MTV awards. I've never heard them in the supermarket.

However, I hate the supermarket and would gladly take any of Mark's productions over the sound of singing "Lost in the Supermarket" to myself as I compare prices of no name and big three puddings.

I think it's interesting that music made out of pure joy is now considered marketable (and as a marketing tool for):

No comments: